Saturday, November 17, 2012

The need to create

     Have you ever had an uncontrollable urge to create something? To give shapes and colors to my thoughts and feelings? To stop intaking so much of the world and for once put something out into it? To paraphrase from John Green's The Fault in our Stars, I need to make constellations out of the stars that are my thoughts.
     I consume so much media, from books, to music, to movies and tv shows. Yet I don't make ANYTHING. At all. Even my breakfast is comes already made out of two separate boxes.
     I have bought a 100 pack of colorful markers and a children's coloring book. I made a collage of old page markers I had lying around. It is still not enough. I've started a blog and actually wrote a few things I'd like to post on it, which remain unpublished.

     But like a druggie, my body is just jonesing to let something out, and I'm not sure what that is.
   


   To be continued?


M.

No comments:

Post a Comment