Thursday, May 2, 2013

I'm a Dandelion!

   Sometimes people give these amazing talks that just click so deeply inside that I feel obliged to blog about it. And sometimes it makes me want to do even more than that.

   I admire people who have the guts to try out things, that have an idea and stick to it, whether it seems likely to work out or not. I also like to pretend I am one of those people, I just haven't had my big idea yet, but when I do I'm not gonna let the world tell me no.
   Well, that's right, I won't let the world tell me no, because I'll already have done that for myself. It doesn't have to be a big idea, hell it doesn't even have to be a good one. I am great at not doing things, not because I think they won't work out, or they'll back fire, but because I think they won't matter. But I need to be ok with that.
  I am still surprised I've stuck with this blog for as long as I have, seeing that it is not immensely popular, and it sure doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but I love it and I'm glad I spread this little seed. And that's what I want to talk about, the awesomeness of trying things. Neil Gaiman is one of the people I most admire and he gave this amazing talk at the 2013 London Book Fair about the future of publishing. It's awesome and I encourage anybody to make time to watch it.

   
I've read and loved the Calendar of Tales,  and when the art part came around I actually wanted to make something for it, but didn't because I'm not really artistic and this and that. And so many other excuses I use for so many other things in my life. BUT NO MORE! Because I am a Dandelion! and its about time I've started acting as such.

  I created a folder on my desktop called Projects and I downloaded one of Neil's narrative of my favorite story, because even though video submissions are done, I still want to make one, so I will. I also decided to give another shot at something I had failed quite miserably a couple months ago, in a different town. Those are just two, but I've got plenty more seeds that I've been hoarding for myself in the hopes 1993 comes back, and that has been a waste of some good 22 years.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment