Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Using my wit for Evil.

I am a very witty person, sometime my comebacks are so good I would like to give myself a pat on the back. (Ok, maybe not so much, but I am confident in my well-thought, quick fire answers). The problem is I don't use it to put any good into the world.

On the contrary, I tend to use to make it suck more.

I am a lot better at coming up with insults and compliments. When somebody pisses me off, what immediately comes out of my mouth is "pie-eating cock goblin", but when somebody does something good for me I respond with something like "you're so... nice!" Really? Nice?! I couldn't come up with anything better?

I pride myself on my vocabulary, and I could have said that person was generous, kind or the best thing to happen to me since slided bread, but I went with nice.

I'm not sure if this is just another way in which I am a product of my generation, or how the internet had ruined me for life or what. I've just realised my twitter feed contains about 7 complaints/insults to every 1 good-natured thing I have to say. Also, those 7 tweets are much more interesting, funny and well thought out than the 1 outlier.

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment