Monday, March 4, 2013

My Fish & Chips Adventure!

   I went out with my new friend, Tea With Me, on Thursday to find London's allegedly best fish and chips.
 
  The destination was the Rock & Sole Plaice in Covent Garden. We got there, eventually.

  The thing is, I am used to New York City where you can literally get anywhere by counting. Now, in London I'm not ashamed to look like a tourist and open up my big ol' map to try to find where I am going (to the side obviously, people do NOT stop in the middle of the sidewalk).

  Thing is, we had two different maps, and iPhone and the maps the city provides (btw, thank you London for those). And we still walked in the wrong direction SEVERAL times, because the streets aren't straight, and they sometimes continue, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they are named, sometimes the names changed but not on the guide.

  Anyhow, as soon as I got to eating I realised I'm not schooled in the art of fish and chips. So although I throughly enjoyed my meal, I'm not qualified to agree with its status of best in all of London.

Best,

M.


No comments:

Post a Comment